This is modified from my mom's beef stroganoff recipe. The chicken makes it quicker to cook, so it's become a weeknight staple. I usually can get it made while cooking some noodles and steaming carrots or broccoli, and then I have dinner on the table in about 30 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenderloins (I buy the bag of Perdue ice glazed frozen tenders)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1In a large, deep skillet or duch oven, melt the butter/marg over med heat.
- 2Combine flour and garlic powder (add salt and pepper to taste) and dredge/shake chicken tenders (I put the flour mixture in a plastic bag and shake 3 tenders at a time).
- 3Add chicken to skillet and saute until no longer pink and slightly browned.
- 4Remove chicken from pan.
- 5Add onions and saute, turning down heat.
- 6Add garlic and saute until onions are soft.
- 7Add mushroom slices and saute for an additional 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms start to give up their liquid.
- 8Add soup and water to the pan and combine, deglazing pan.
- 9Return chicken tenders to the pan, bring mixture to a boil, then turn down to low and cook for at least 5 minutes.
- 10About 5 minutes from serving, add sour cream, combine, and bring back to almost a boil.
- 11Serve with noodles and steamed vegetables.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.8
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 86.7 mg
- Sodium 117.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 29.9 g