The original classic Russian dish, stroganoff, is made with beef! But with this recipe comes an interesting change of pace!
- Place chicken breasts, one at a time, between two sheets of plastic wrap & flatten each to a thickness of 1/4 inch with a rolling pin.
- Cut into 1-inch strips diagonally across the fillets.
- In large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil, & cook sliced onion slowly until soft but not colored.
- Add mushrooms & cook until golden brown, then remove & keep warm.
- Increase heat, & add remaining oil.
- Fry chicken very quickly, in small batches, for 3-4 minutes until lightly colored. Remove & keep warm while frying remaining chicken.
- Return all chicken, onions & mushrooms to frying pan & season with salt & pepper, then stir in sour cream & bring to boil.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley & serve immediately.