1/2 Photos of Chicken Stroganoff
Sydney Mike's Note:
The original classic Russian dish, stroganoff, is made with beef! But with this recipe comes an interesting change of pace!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken breasts, one at a time, between two sheets of plastic wrap & flatten each to a thickness of 1/4 inch with a rolling pin.
- 2Cut into 1-inch strips diagonally across the fillets.
- 3In large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil, & cook sliced onion slowly until soft but not colored.
- 4Add mushrooms & cook until golden brown, then remove & keep warm.
- 5Increase heat, & add remaining oil.
- 6Fry chicken very quickly, in small batches, for 3-4 minutes until lightly colored. Remove & keep warm while frying remaining chicken.
- 7Return all chicken, onions & mushrooms to frying pan & season with salt & pepper, then stir in sour cream & bring to boil.
- 8Sprinkle with fresh parsley & serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.6
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 112.9 mg
- Sodium 238.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 28.7 g