Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A variation on a great dish. Makes a great family supper with a tossed salad. Kids like this!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh sage leaf
- 12 ounces fresh wild mushrooms, sliced (use whatever variety is available, or a mixture)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 5 cups hot cooked egg noodles
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and saute for 5-6 minutes or until translucent. Add sage, 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1/4 teaspoons pepper, and mushrooms. Saute 6-7 minutes, or until mushrooms lose their juices and begin to brown. Spoon mixture into large bowl.
- COmbine 1/4 cup flour and paprika in a shallow dish. Cut chicken breasts into 1/4" strips. Dredge chicken strips in flour mixture, shaking off excess flour.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoons of salt and rest of pepper. Saute chicken 5 minutes, or until cooked through, Add chicken strips to mushroom mixture.
- Add broth and wine to skillet, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Reduce heat to low. Place sour cream in a small bowl and whisk in 1 tablespoons of flour plus remaining 1/2 teaspoons salt. Whisk sour cream mixture into broth mixture. Stir into chicken mixture; cook 1 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Add noodles and parsley, stirring well to combine.
Great recipe: I added some diced capsicum which was good and also used lite sour cream.