Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
An economical, low calorie twist on a family favorite! Serve over noodles. From Ontario Chicken Lover magazine.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 lb lean ground chicken
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fat free chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- Mix the water and the chicken bouillon together.
- Mix cornstarch into 1/4 cup of the bouillon mixture. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the ground chicken with lemon pepper.
- Coat a non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat to high temperature. Brown the meat, stirring for 3 minutes. Break the meat up and drain some of the pan liquid.
- Add onion and mushrooms.
- Cook over medium-high temperature until onion is transparent and the mushrooms are slightly browned (about 3 minutes).
- Mix in the mustard and the Worcestershire sauce.
- Lower temperature to a high simmer.
- Add 3/4 cup of the prepared chicken bouillon and bring to a boil.
- Add the remaining cornstarch bouillon mixture and stir until sauce is smooth and thickened. Stir in yogurt and mix with lemon juice. Heat through and do not boil or sauce will separate.