Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Healthy low fat variation on beef stroganoff. Delicious! No saturated fat as with beef.
Make and share this Chicken Stroganoff, 235 Calories Per Serving recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- ground pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons dried garlic
- 2 tablespoons dried tarragon
- 8 ounces fat free sour cream
- Spray skillet with cooking spray.
- Rinse chicken breasts, trim fat, cut into smaller pieces, & sprinkle with pepper.
- Over medium-high heat, cook chicken until golden on one side.
- Turn, sautee other side. Push pieces to far side of skillet & pour off any drippings.
- Add onion; cook until softened.
- Add garlic, tarragon, & mushrooms; cook for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, stir, & lower heat.
- Add sour cream, & stir chicken into rest of mixture.
- Cover chicken with sauce & simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Note: Dreamfield’s Pasta has 1/8th the carbs of regular pasta. Serving size: 2 oz (they swell), 190 calories.
- Tofu Shirataki Noodles have 1/30th the carbs of regular pasta. Serving size 2 oz, 20 calories. Each liquid-filled, chilled, package contains 2 servings.
Excellent and healthy version of a high fat and not so healthy original. It's a quick make that is delicious and feels a bit indulgent. If your trying to eat right you must try this.
I liked this. I am eating very healthy due to high triglycerides and this was very filling and easy to make. I have never used tarragon before and I must say I am not a big fan, I think next time I will use thyme instead. Thanks for making healthy easier. I added lots of red pepper flakes!