Healthy low fat variation on beef stroganoff. Delicious! No saturated fat as with beef.
Make and share this Chicken Stroganoff, 235 Calories Per Serving recipe from Food.com.
- Spray skillet with cooking spray.
- Rinse chicken breasts, trim fat, cut into smaller pieces, & sprinkle with pepper.
- Over medium-high heat, cook chicken until golden on one side.
- Turn, sautee other side. Push pieces to far side of skillet & pour off any drippings.
- Add onion; cook until softened.
- Add garlic, tarragon, & mushrooms; cook for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, stir, & lower heat.
- Add sour cream, & stir chicken into rest of mixture.
- Cover chicken with sauce & simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Note: Dreamfield’s Pasta has 1/8th the carbs of regular pasta. Serving size: 2 oz (they swell), 190 calories.
- Tofu Shirataki Noodles have 1/30th the carbs of regular pasta. Serving size 2 oz, 20 calories. Each liquid-filled, chilled, package contains 2 servings.
Excellent and healthy version of a high fat and not so healthy original. It's a quick make that is delicious and feels a bit indulgent. If your trying to eat right you must try this.
I liked this. I am eating very healthy due to high triglycerides and this was very filling and easy to make. I have never used tarragon before and I must say I am not a big fan, I think next time I will use thyme instead. Thanks for making healthy easier. I added lots of red pepper flakes!