Recipe by JustJanS
I found this in a box of recipe cards I bought at a garage sale.It works well for us as it's simple to make.
Top Review by **Jubes**
* Reviewed for Aussie Forum Recipe Tag * 5 stars- my husband and eldest daughter totally enjoyed this for dinner tonight. It's not really what I think of as a traditional stroganoff.....but as a quick and easy weeknight dinner- terrific. I poached some chicken breasts and this recipe used 2 medium sized chicken breast fillets and I used some of the poaching liquid as the chicken stock. I think I would enjoy more onion and mushrooms. As an easy dinner....this recipe is a winner. Photos also to be posted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (more is better in stroganoff I reckon)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add onion, garlic and mushrooms and fry, stirring constantly for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and cook, stirring occasionally for 6-8 minutes, until vegetables are tender and liquid has evaporated.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook stirring frequently for 2-3 minutes or until well heated through.
- Serve over egg noodles or rice.