Recipe by Patty Mae
I tried to make this dish a little healthier by using olive oil instead of butter and yogurt instead of sour cream, and it's pretty tasty.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
I made this exactly as is, other than using fresh thyme instead of marjoram, simply because I have a lot of it in the garden!! ah, and I served on rice, to soak up the wonderful sauce! very good and much enjoyed, a nice easy recipe that tastes wonderful!!! Thank you Patsy Mae, made for I Recommend tag game
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1 pinch marjoram
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 4 cups cooked egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the onions, mushrooms, garlic, and parsley in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil until onions are translucent. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add the chicken and the remaining oil to the skillet. Sauté, stirring frequently, until chicken is done.
- Sprinkle the flour over the chicken and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until flour is browned.
- Add the water, wine, marjoram, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until slightly thickened.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Return the onion and mushroom mixture to the skillet. Stir to combine.
- Let simmer for about 2 more minutes.
- Just before serving stir in the yogurt.
- Serve over egg noodles.