Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
So simple and has great flavor! A great change from Beef Stroganoff...
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups egg noodles, cooked
- Cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove from pan and crumble.
- Add onion and chicken to drippings in pan and saute.
- Add bacon, broth, spices and garlic to chicken and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Combine sour cream and flour, stirring until smooth.
- Add sour cream mixture to pan and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring comstantly.
- Serve over egg noodles.
- (Serving size: 1 cup of stroganoff and 1 cup of noodles).
Great recipe. We used grilled chicken breast and the taste was well received by all my children as well as my husband who literally licked the bowl. Very simple recipe that could easily be adapted to your families tastes. Thanks