Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I haven't tried this but it sounds great!
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms or 2 cups peas
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt or 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 cups hot cooked macaroni
- chopped fresh parsley
- Heat half the butter in skillet.
- Add chicken and cook until browned, stirring often. Remove chicken.
- Heat remaining margarine. Add mushrooms or peas and onion and cook until tender.
- Add soup and sour cream or yogurt.
- Heat to a boil.
- Return chicken to pan and heat through. Serve over noodles.
- Garnish with parsley.
I am always looking for fast, nutritious meals that contain "nooneys" or noodles for my 20 month old grandson's visits. I use Healthy Substitute for Cream of Chicken Soup recipe #18157 instead of canned soup and broccoli instead of mushrooms. He likes it and so do I. Thanks for the post
I was looking for a way to quash my lust for stroganoff and Saw this easy recipe and just had to try it. Plus I think I have had every thing from Venison to duck, and of course your domestic animals stroganoff but never chicken. Added this to my list of quick favorites and will be a return to my Dinner Table.
I madet this tonight and it was awesome! I added garlic to it though and I think it would have been a bit bland without it. It was pretty quick and the kids devoured it! We also used tofutti sour cream, which is a tofu based sour cream that has the full flavor of real sour cream but with 1/3 of the fat and calories. We also used low fat cream of chicken soup and dreamfields low carb rotini which also helped cut down the carbs, fat and caloris even further. Thank you for a great new dinner!