Norahs Girl's Note:
Another family favourite of ours, it has a nice creamy mustard flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- canola oil (for frying)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds (brown)
- 500 g chicken fillets, cut into strips
- 250 g button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/3 cup cream
- ground pepper
- 1Sauté onion and garlic gently in heated oil till glossy.
- 2Add mustard seeds and cook till they begin to pop!
- 3(about 2 minutes) then add chicken and toss to sear.
- 4Add mushrooms and stir fry for 1 minutes.
- 5Stir in wholegrain mustard, mustard powder and brandy.
- 6Add stock and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- 7Add cream and heat through (don't boil).
- 8Season to taste.
- 9I serve it with buttered noodles and steamed mangetout.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.1
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 95.4 mg
- Sodium 134.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 32.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard