Recipe by katia
A great appetizer or it can be a full dinner with a salad. Posted for the World Tour 2006 - England!
Top Review by I'mPat
I used 6 skinless breasts halves but did not cut them into strips but followed the direction as posted and baked them for 40 to 45 minutes (though gave them a light spray with olive oil before puting into the oven). We really had a problem getting the cheese down to a pourable sauce connsistency and I think I would prefer to make a 1 1/2 cups of white sauce and add a cup of grated cheddar and the bacon. The spices work really well and overall was enjoyed by us all. Made for Recipe Swap #11 - December 2007.
- 3 chicken breast fillets
- 500 g cheddar cheese
- 250 g bacon
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken fillets in strips.
- Place each strip first into the egg mixture, then in the flour, again in the egg mixture and at last into the bread crumbs.
- Place them on foil, sprinkle with the spices.
- Bake them in a preheated oven 350F for 30 minutes. Turn them around ocassionally.
- Fry the bacon or microwave and cut in pieces.
- Melt the cheddar and then add the bacon to it.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve immediately!