A great appetizer or it can be a full dinner with a salad. Posted for the World Tour 2006 - England!
- Cut the chicken fillets in strips.
- Place each strip first into the egg mixture, then in the flour, again in the egg mixture and at last into the bread crumbs.
- Place them on foil, sprinkle with the spices.
- Bake them in a preheated oven 350F for 30 minutes. Turn them around ocassionally.
- Fry the bacon or microwave and cut in pieces.
- Melt the cheddar and then add the bacon to it.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve immediately!
I used 6 skinless breasts halves but did not cut them into strips but followed the direction as posted and baked them for 40 to 45 minutes (though gave them a light spray with olive oil before puting into the oven). We really had a problem getting the cheese down to a pourable sauce connsistency and I think I would prefer to make a 1 1/2 cups of white sauce and add a cup of grated cheddar and the bacon. The spices work really well and overall was enjoyed by us all. Made for Recipe Swap #11 - December 2007.
I made these tonight using chicken tenders and they were lovely. I also ran out of time(had to stop and pick DD up from volleyball game)so I ended up putting the bacon on the chicken and melting the cheese on it instead of melting into a "sauce". Family loved these- very tasty. **Oct. Aussie recipe tag**
*Reviewed for Aussie/NewZealand Forum Recipe swap October 2007* The chicken strips were delicious. Loved that they were oven baked. The sauce was very simple to make but very, very rich and thick. I think it would be great to almost cook the chicken strips and then sprinkle over the grated cheese and bacon- The cheese would melt over the chicken and you could use less cheese that way. My daughters loved these chicken strips, especially my youngest as she loves bacon and chicken. Photo also being posted