Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
I think I found this recipe in an Urban Peasant cookbook. It's quick, easy, and inexpensive to make. It was a staple during my university years!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- salt and pepper
- cayenne, to taste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Miracle Whip or 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
- Mix bread crumbs with salt, pepper, and hot pepper.
- Cut chicken into strips.
- Dip chicken into melted margarine, then coat with crumbs.
- Place in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook 3-4 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix dip ingredients.