Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
A sweeter, more buttery version of a classic. They always turn out very tender.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- salt & pepper
- 3 (4 ounce) envelopes crackers, crushed (Keebler Town House Crackers)
- 3 -6 tablespoons brown sugar (Depends on how sweet you like them)
- enough vegetable oil or butter, to brown chicken in big skillet
- Pour marinade ingredients and chicken into gallon size ziplock bag.
- Refridgerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dip chicken into breading mixture and thoroughly coat.
- Heat oil or butter in large skillet to medium high heat.
- Brown each chicken strip.
- Place on a cookie sheet with a cookie cooling rack in it.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove foil.
- Bake for another 20 minutes.
These turned out pretty well. They were a nice change from traditional chicken strips, as they did have a bit of a different flavor. I only used 3 tbsp. of brown sugar and don't think I'll use anymore next time, as they contributed plenty. You can probably get away with half as many crackers and half the brown sugar though, for I had a lot leftover that I had to throw out.