Top Review by Len23
This was great. The instructions were very clear and easy to follow. I used a chicken carcass from a roasted chicken and the stock turned out beautifully. I made it in to some to-die-for chicken stew and this stock made all the difference.
- 3 quarts water
- 3 lbs chicken necks, backs and wings
- 1 large carrot, trimmed,halved
- 1 celery rib, halved
- 1 large onion, sliced
- bouquet garni (1 sprig parsley, 1 bay leaf, 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, and 3 peppercorns, all tied in cheesecloth)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat all ingredients in a large stockpot to boiling.
- Reduce heat; simmer, partially covered, 3 to 4 hours, skimming surface occasionally and adding water if needed to keep ingredients immersered.
- Strain stock through sieve lined with double thickness of dampened cheesecloth; discard solids.
- Cool stock to room temperature; refrigerate, covered, until cold.
- Remove and discard fat from surface.
- Stock can be refrigerated, tighly covered, up to 3 days or frozen up to 2 months; reheat to boiling before using.