Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Homemade chicken stock
Make and share this Chicken Stock recipe from Food.com.
- Pre-heat oven to 425.
- Place raw chicken bones in roaster, and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Heat stock pot on med-low heat. Add oil.
- Chop celery, carrots, onion, celery and garlic. Add to pot.
- Cook until vegetables are soft.
- Add tomato paste, allow to "sweat" for two minutes.
- Add wine, and continue to cook for one minute.
- Add Bay leaf.
- Add chicken bones.
- Add 8 cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to low-med simmer for about 4 hours. (covered).
- Strain bones and vegetables from stock.
- Cool, strain fat. Reduce to about 6 cups or until you reach a desired strength of flavor.
- READY TO USE!
I have my own stand-by recipe for chicken stock, but am always open to trying others, too! There's nothing like variety when it comes to cooking! Followed your recipe right on down & I can tell you right now that I'll be making this one again & again, for sure! The stock it makes is wonderfully flavorful! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]