Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
from Nick Stellino
Make and share this Chicken Stock recipe from Food.com.
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs chicken, cut in pieces
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and quartered
- 3 celery ribs, quartered
- 2 medium white onions, peeled and quartered
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped (or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped (or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley)
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 3⁄4 tablespoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 3 egg whites
- Place all ingredients except the egg whites in a large stockpot.
- Keep egg whites covered and in the refrigerator.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 2 1/2 hours, skimming the foam from the top every 30 minutes.
- After the 2 1/2 hours, turn off heat and remove the chicken, reserving the chicken for another use.
- Strain stock through a fine sieve lined with cheesecloth.
- Cool to room temperature and then refrigerate, uncovered, overnight.
- The next day remove the fat that has hardened on top and discard.
- Bring the stock to a boil.
- While it is cooking, beat the egg whites with a whisk or electric beater until fluffy.
- Add to the boiling stock, reduce heat to simmer and stir well.
- The egg whites will harden and entrap most of the impurities in the stock.
- Strain the stock again through a fine sieve lined with cheesecloth.
- The stock is ready to use now, ot it may be frozen, for up to a month, for later use.