Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
I needed to cook some chicken once and instead of throwing it in the microwave I decided to boil it and use some leftover veggies out of the fridge. Not only did this make the most amazing chicken, but the stock is great and freezes wonderfully!
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts
- 3 carrots, peeled and chunked
- 4 stalks celery, chunked
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 whole garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 8 peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Throw all ingredients in a stock pot.
- Fill almost to the brim with water.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat.
- Cover pot with lid.
- Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Voila! Great stock! And even better chicken!
This chicken stock smells wonderful when cooking and is very tasty. I had 6 chicken breasts in the package, added more carrots and celery, used garlic powder instead of fresh, and added 10 peppercorns. I did need to add chicken bouillion to give it a bit more flavor for our taste. Made and reviewed for Random Recipe tag game.