Recipe by Krista Finn #2
I got this recipe out of a magazine, It's light and healthy and quite good!
Top Review by bly.bain
This is a really great recipe! It makes plenty for 2-4 people and is very healthy! The sauce is amazing tasting! The only thing I do differently is a little less ginger (my boyfriend doesn't really like ginger). But either way, it is a great recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved horizontally and thinly sliced
- coarse salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, ribs and seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 12 -16 boston lettuce leaves (about 2 heads)
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over high heat. Add half the chicken; cook, stirring constantly, until opaque throughout, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Add remaining tablespoon oil to pan, along with the onion and bell pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until onion is tender and golden, about 4 minutes (reduce heat if browning too quickly).
- Reduce heat to medium; add garlic, ginger, and red-pepper flakes; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 30 to 60 seconds.
- Stir in soy sauce, vinegar, and cornstarch mixture; remove from heat. Add chicken and any accumulated juices; toss to coat. Serve in lettuce cups.