Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
You can use pork tenderloin cut into strips, in place of chicken for this recipe. The oyster sauce is optional but I add it in to mostly all of my stir-frys for added taste, if you have some add in a couple of tablespoons towards the end it will really "perk" up stir-fry dish!. We prefer our veggies crisp, if you like a softer texture, then you can steam the veggies first if you wish before stir-frying them. Serve the is cooked rice.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 8 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 3⁄4 lb green beans, cut into about 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 3 cups snow peas (or to taste)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup dry roasted salted peanut
- 3 -4 tablespoons oyster sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine the chicken with 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons honey, 1 tablespoon garlic and the red pepper flakes.
- In another small bowl mix/whisk together remaining 6 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon honey and 2 teaspoons cornstarch; set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a wok or a large non stick skillet over high heat, add in the chicken; stir-fry for 1 minute, then transfer to a dish.
- Add in another couple tablespoons oil if needed, and add in the green beans, red pepper strips, snow peas and minced ginger; stir-fry until crisp-tender about 3 minutes (adding in the remaining 1 tablespoon garlic the last minute).
- Return the chicken back to the wok or skillet.
- Add in the reserved soy sauce/cornstarch mixture; stir until heated through and thickened (about 1 minute).
- Season with salt and pepper (if you are using the oyster sauce the do not add in any salt) then add in the oyster sauce if using; mix to combine.
- Sprinkle with chopped green onions and salted peanuts.