If you like spicy peanut sauce, you'll like this dish. The sauce is smooth and creamy with a bit of kick. When stir-frying, I like to marinate the meat to add a bit more depth of flavor. I used chicken for this recipe but am sure it would also go well with pork or shrimp (of course taking into account varying cooking times of different meats).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup peanut butter, creamy
- 1/4 cup water, hot from the tap
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons vinegar, distilled
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for cooking chicken)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli spear
- 1/2 cup carrot, julienned
- 1 cup snow peas (or sugar snap)
- 1Thoroughly whisk together ingredients for marinade (except olive oil) and marinate sliced chicken for 30 minutes at room temperature or 1-2 hours refrigerated.
- 2While chicken is marinating, thoroughly whisk together ingredients for sauce in a small bowl; set aside.
- 3Heat 1 tbs. oil in wok (or large skillet) at medium-high heat. Drain chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until no longer pink. Set cooked chicken aside, covered.
- 4Reduce temperature to medium heat and heat 1 tbs. oil in wok. Cook vegetables for 10 minutes or until tender but crisp.
- 5Return cooked chicken to pan and toss with vegetables.
- 6Make a well in the center of the wok and pour sauce into it, stirring constantly. The sauce will thicken slightly. If the sauce is too thick to your taste, add water a little at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- 7Toss sauce, chicken and vegetables in wok until sauce is thoroughly incorporated.
- 8Serve over rice or rice noodles.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Stir-Fry With Spicy Peanut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.1
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 45.6 mg
- Sodium 978.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 34.4 g