Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty stir fry dish
- 500 g chicken thigh pieces, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 small onions, quartered
- snow peas, topped and tailed (a handful)
- 60 g unsalted cashews
- Mix together the cornflour, sherry, stock, and soy sauce.
- Set aside.
- Place oil and garlic in a wok or large fry pan, heat over medium heat until the garlic sizzles.
- Add the chicken and stir fry until lightly brown.
- Reduce heat, add ginger, onions and continue to stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add snow peas and cashew nuts and cook 1 minute more.
- Stir the cornflour and sherry mixture and pour into the wok, continue to stir over heat until sauce thickens.
- Pile onto serving dish and serve with rice.
Excellent flavor, Quick & Easy. I got everything measured and ready ahead of time then it took minutes to prepare. Defiitely a do again recipe! I used skinless breasts and Marsala wine instead of sherry. I added the snow peas last and cooked them for about i minute. We both enjoyed our dinner thanks Evie*
Fantastic sooo good I followed the recipe but added extra veg.. I would only add extra soy due to own family's taste. Thanks for sharing love it
This was great. It was so mild but full of flavor. Easy and quick too. I didn't use cashews because of an allergy. I used half white wine and half mirin in place of the sherry. We served it with rice and it was gone immediately. Thanks!