Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
I love basil, and this quick recipe is full of its lovely fresh flavour.
Make and share this Chicken Stir fry with Chili and Basil recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g chicken breast fillets
- 40 ml vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 2 birds eye chiles, finely sliced
- 40 ml soy sauce
- 40 ml fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar (or substitute brown sugar)
- 1 cup fresh basil (loosely packed)
- Cut the chicken breasts into small cubes.
- Heat the oil in a wok and swirl to coat.
- Add the chicken in batches and stir fry over high heat for 5 minutes each batch, or until the chicken is tender.
- Add the spring onion and chili and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the soy sauce, fish sauce and sugar and toss briefly.
- Stir in the basil and serve with jasmine rice.
Did some changes to suit our tastes - used 1K of chicken breasts breasts (needed left overs for the DH on night shift) but though we like basil I only used 1/2 cup freshly plucked from the plant (sweet basil) but left all other ingredients the same and used brown sugar (no palm). We enjoyed this with with stir fry vegetables and steamed rice. Thank you Jan, made as part of Aussie/Kiwi Swap #26 March 2009.
Wonderful dish and very easy to make. I was not able to find "Birds eye chilis" so added Thai red chilis. The aroma was devine, and the taste, even better. Thanks JanS, for a easy, tasty treat.