Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted for ZWT6 Asian Region. This recipe was found in Simple & Delicious June 2009 for a great 30 minute regional meal. Mango chutney can be found in the international section for Indian fare.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup mango chutney
- 3 tablespoons mango chutney
- 4 1⁄4 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄4 lbs chicken tenderloins, cut into thin strips
- 7 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 large sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh snow peas
- 6 cups green cabbage, shredded
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir in the chutney, soy sauce, five spice powder and garlic. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, saute chicken in 3 tsp sesame oil for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink; remove and set aside on a plate.
- In same skillet or wok, saute red pepper and snow peas in 2 tsp sesame oil for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Stir soy sauce mixture and add to skillet. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken back to skillet and heat through on low heat.
- Meanwhile in a large non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute cabbage in remaining 2 tsp sesame oil for 5 minutes or until crisp tender.
- To serve place cabbage on plate and top with chicken mixture.
I tagged this recipe because I needed to use up some red bell pepper and cabbage.....and came out with a winner! This was delicious! I loved that it was served over cabbage instead of rice....such a nice change for a stir fry. I added some mushrooms that I had on hand as well. The only change I might make is to decrease the amount of chutney by a teaspoon...it was a little sweet for my taste. Really enjoyed this recipe. Thanks for posting! Made for Went to the Market Tag.