Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe in our local supermarket flyer and thought it looked like a quick and easy meal!
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb chicken (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce (divided)
- 1 beaten egg, with
- 1 teaspoon water
- Before stir frying, make sure the rice is cooked and cooled and the onions, celery and carrots are chopped!
- (stir frying goes fast) Combine the sesame oil and garlic powder in a bowl and add chicken to marinate briefly while wok or skillet is heating.
- Heat electric skillet or wok to about 375 degrees and add chicken.
- Stir chicken and cook for about 5- 7 minutes.
- Add onions, celery, carrots and 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce.
- Stir to mix and add the egg.
- Continue mixing quickly.
- When egg is cooked, add cold rice and remaining 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Stir-fry over high heat until rice is hot.
- Serve with crisp toasted pita bread.
We loved this!!!! Because we are big garlic fans, I chopped 2 fresh garlic cloves instead of the garlic powder. This is a great way to use those veggies. We really enjoyed the combination of ingredients. I will be making this again, for sure. Thanks, BrendaM!
This recipe tasted pretty good, although the kids (3 and 7) did not like it because of the garlic smell and taste. Make sure that the carrots and celery are cut thinly enough for stir-frying. I had the pita bread, but forgot to use it! I'll make this recipe again, but I might tweak it a bit with brown sugar or homemade sweet-sour sauce.
Yum. We loved this as well. We didn't have sesame oil in the house or green onions, but it was delicious without! Was really good for leftovers as well. This makes alot.