Recipe by BrendaM
I found this recipe in our local supermarket flyer and thought it looked like a quick and easy meal!
Top Review by Merlot
We loved this!!!! Because we are big garlic fans, I chopped 2 fresh garlic cloves instead of the garlic powder. This is a great way to use those veggies. We really enjoyed the combination of ingredients. I will be making this again, for sure. Thanks, BrendaM!
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 lb chicken (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce (divided)
- 1 beaten egg, with
- 1 teaspoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Before stir frying, make sure the rice is cooked and cooled and the onions, celery and carrots are chopped!
- (stir frying goes fast) Combine the sesame oil and garlic powder in a bowl and add chicken to marinate briefly while wok or skillet is heating.
- Heat electric skillet or wok to about 375 degrees and add chicken.
- Stir chicken and cook for about 5- 7 minutes.
- Add onions, celery, carrots and 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce.
- Stir to mix and add the egg.
- Continue mixing quickly.
- When egg is cooked, add cold rice and remaining 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Stir-fry over high heat until rice is hot.
- Serve with crisp toasted pita bread.