Prep 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
As if there aren't already enough, I thought I'd at least post it for those who have tried all the others. :) I've been making this as long as I can remember. It's not at all authentic, but my family and I love it! Items not listed on ingredient list: 4 healthy appetites and a large wok.
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (or Bragg's Liquid Aminos if you have any)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed, minced)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (or more if you feel like splurging!)
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli
- 1⁄2 large sweet onion
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper
- 1 cup carrot (sliced)
- 1 (3 ounce) can mushrooms, sliced
- Cut the chicken into 2 inch cubes. Toss them into a ziplock (or generic -- lol!) bag with the soy sauce. Set the bag in the fridge while you chop your veggies.
- Cook the rice according to the directions on the package.
- Chop broccoli into bite size pieces (larger if you want to watch your family work for their meal!). Slice the onion into rather thick slices. Cut bell pepper into 1 inch cubes. (Tired yet?). Slice the carrotsand drain the mushrooms -- phew!
- Heat the olive oil in your wok and toss in the chicken. Cook until just a little pink is left. Throw in the onions and cook until the meat is done. Put the garlic, broccoli, peppers, and carrots, in the wok and cover for 4-5 minutes.
- The mushrooms go in last for just a couple of minutes. Put some rice and the stir fry on the plate and devour with any sauces you'd like to add (teriyaki and soy sauce are my family's choices).
- Nudge the person beside you and motion for them to go clean up your mess. :D.
This was very good! My 14 year old son said it was one of his favorites. Very easy to whip up on a busy weeknight and a great way to get fresh vegetables into your kids. The only change I made was to add some crushed red pepper flakes and ground ginger to the chicken when browning. Thanks so much for this recipe!
mmm mmm this is a wonderful chicken stirfry! Lots of flavour from all the good stuff in it!! I just made half a recipe for the two of us and it was a huge hit, DH loves it. the timing is perfect all the veggies were tender crisp, the only thing I did diferently was to cut back on the soy sauce and I did add 2 teaspoons of corn starch to thicken the sauce, also used fresh mushrooms. Thanks for posting I will be making this often.