1/5 Photos of Chicken Stir-Fry
As if there aren't already enough, I thought I'd at least post it for those who have tried all the others. :) I've been making this as long as I can remember. It's not at all authentic, but my family and I love it! Items not listed on ingredient list: 4 healthy appetites and a large wok.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (or Bragg's Liquid Aminos if you have any)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed, minced)
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (or more if you feel like splurging!)
- 1 bunch fresh broccoli
- 1/2 large sweet onion
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1 cup carrot (sliced)
- 1 (3 ounce) can mushrooms, sliced
- 1Cut the chicken into 2 inch cubes. Toss them into a ziplock (or generic -- lol!) bag with the soy sauce. Set the bag in the fridge while you chop your veggies.
- 2Cook the rice according to the directions on the package.
- 3Chop broccoli into bite size pieces (larger if you want to watch your family work for their meal!). Slice the onion into rather thick slices. Cut bell pepper into 1 inch cubes. (Tired yet?). Slice the carrotsand drain the mushrooms -- phew!
- 4Heat the olive oil in your wok and toss in the chicken. Cook until just a little pink is left. Throw in the onions and cook until the meat is done. Put the garlic, broccoli, peppers, and carrots, in the wok and cover for 4-5 minutes.
- 5The mushrooms go in last for just a couple of minutes. Put some rice and the stir fry on the plate and devour with any sauces you'd like to add (teriyaki and soy sauce are my family's choices).
- 6Nudge the person beside you and motion for them to go clean up your mess. :D.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.1
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 49.3 mg
- Sodium 1100.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 23.9 g