Recipe by Dancer^
This is another one that goes over well. You can double the recipe for a larger group.
Top Review by Bergy
I did a coujple of things differently - I used vegetable broth cut back to 1/2 cup. I didn't have snow peas but added cauliflower, onion, and some mixed frozen corn & peas. Lovely flavor with the garlic & ginger.I also added some chili flakes Thanks Dancer
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1⁄2 cups snow peas
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow glass bowl, combine orange juice and cornstarch; mix well.
- Stir in chicken.
- Cover and chill for 2 hours or as long as you can.
- Drain chicken; discard juice mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine broth and soy sauce.
- Set aside.
- In a wok or large non-stick skillet, heat canola oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic and ginger; stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken; stir-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add vegetables; stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth mixture.
- Place 1/2 cup of rice on each serving plate.
- Top with the chicken mixture, dividing evenly.