Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
An excellent stir-fry.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups peapods, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup cashews
- In large skillet or wok, stir fry chichen in oil till no longer pink, 5-6 minutes.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Stir fry the onion, carrot, green pepper, and mushrooms till crisp-tender, 4-5 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix broth, cornstarch, soy sauce, and ginger.
- Add to skillet; cook and stir till thickened and bubbly.
- Return chicken to skillet with peapods; stir until heated through.
- Serve over rice and top with cashews.
Another masterpiece by Inez! I didn't have chicken...I used pork leftovers--and the taste was wonderful. Thanks for a great recipe!
I really liked the simplicity of this recipe, also I like that you can use whatever veggies you have on hand. I added hot pepper flakes to kick it up a little.
Very good tasting stir fry but like others suggested I doubled the sauce. The recipe can adjusts to a variety of vegetables but I love sugar snap peas in mine. We just have nuts on hand to sprinkle on after making serving since some of my kids have allergies. I usually use peanuts because we always seem to have them on hand. Thanks for a great stir fry recipe.