Don't be intimidated by the list of ingredients. The sauce is SO good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sake (rice wine)
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons chili paste with garlic
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 lb chicken, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, strips
- 3/4 cup diagonally cut carrot
- 1 1/2 cups snow peas, trimmed
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- 1Combine the broth, 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch, 2 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp sake, 2 tsp honey, chile paste, and sesame oil, stirring with a whisk; set aside.
- 2Combine 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp sake, and 2 tsp honey in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add chicken pieces and toss to gently coat.
- 3Heat 1 1/2 tbsp peanut oil in a wok or pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture and saute until cooked through.
- 4Once chicken is cooked remove from pan and wipe clean with a paper towel.
- 5Add 1 tbsp peanut oil to pan. Stir in onions, ginger, and garlic and saute 30 seconds. Add bell pepper and carrot; saute 2 minutes. Add snow peas; saute 1 minute. Stir in chicken and broth mixture.
- 6Bring to a boil; cook mixture 1 minute or until it thickens, stirring constantly.
- 7Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Stir-Fry
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.1
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 51.7 mg
- Sodium 1063.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 22.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili paste with garlic