1/2 Photos of Chicken Stir-Fried With Bosc Pears
Asian pears are now available anywhere...I found them at Wal-Mart! I've tried a whole lot of stir fry combinations (probably close to 200!) and this one from Eileen Yin-Fei Lo is truly phenomenal. The shallots, pears, asparagus and macadamia nuts go great together - I know it sounds odd but you've got to trust me on this one. Cook time includes marinade time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 226.79 g boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 1/2-inch by 1-inch strips
- 44.37 ml peanut oil
- 14.79 ml sliced fresh ginger, in tissue-thin half moons
- 141.74 g asparagus, tough ends cut off and cut into 1/4-inch pieces on a diagonal (3/4 cup)
- 1 stalk celery, cut in 1/4-inch pieces on a diagonal (1/2 cup)
- 118.29 ml red pepper, cut into 1-inch x 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 bosc pear, peeled and quartered and cut into 1/4-inch pieces on a diagonal (3/4 cup)
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 9.85 ml white rice wine or 9.85 ml gin
- 118.29 ml macadamia nuts
- 9.85 ml beaten egg whites
- 4.92 ml white rice wine or 4.92 ml gin
- 9.85 ml cornstarch
- 1.23 ml salt
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 1Combine the marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
- 2Add the chicken and allow to rest for at least 20 minutes.
- 3In another bowl, combine the sauce ingredients and reserve.
- 4Heat a wok over high heat for at least 45 seconds.
- 5Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of the peanut oil and coat the wok using a spatula. When a wisp of white smoke appears, add the ginger slices, stir and cook for 15 seconds.
- 6Add the asparagus and cook, stirring, for one minute.
- 7Add the celery and bell pepper and cook, stirring for another minute.
- 8Add the pear and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- 9Remove the contents of the wok and reserve on a platter.
- 10Add the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil and coat the wok with it using a spatula.
- 11When a wisp of white smoke appears, add the shallots, stir, and cook for 20 seconds.
- 12Add the garlic and stir briefly.
- 13Add the chicken and marinade, spread in a thin layer, and cook for 45 seconds.
- 14Turn over and cook for one minute.
- 15Splash the wine over, and stir to mix.
- 16Add the reserved vegetable-fruit mixture and cook, stirring for two minutes.
- 17Make a well in the center of the mixture, stir the sauce mixture, pour in and stir to mix until the sauce thickens, about 1 1/2 minutes.
- 18Turn off the heat, add the macadamia nuts, mix well, transfer to a heated platter, and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Stir-Fried With Bosc Pears
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.7
- Calories from Fat 299
- Total Fat 33.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 43.8 mg
- Sodium 773.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 22.2 g