Recipe by jovigirl
Found this in Organic Style magazine. I don't like olives so I'll omit them, but I'm posting the original recipe here. Its served with couscous.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, plus
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄4 cups canned chick-peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups diced tomatoes (canned is fine)
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram or 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- fresh ground pepper
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemons, zest of
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 cups couscous
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute onion, garlic and 1/4 cup cilantrol until soft. Add chicken broth, chickpease, tomatoes, olives, marjoram, paprika, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer 20 minutes. Add shredded chicken, simmer 5 minutes longer. Remove from heat; stir in zest and 1 tbsp cilantro.
- Meanwhile, bring 2 cups water, butter and 1/2 tsp salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Remove from heat, stir in couscous, and cover with tight-fitting lid. Let stand 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork before serving with stew.