This is a delicious recipe and makes a comforting meal on a cold evening. Bon Appetit published this in 1999.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 6 chicken thighs, with, skin, and, bones (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- all-purpose flour
- 1 large onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained
- 1Cook chopped bacon in heavy large pot over medium-high heat until crisp.
- 2Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towel.
- 3Sprinkle chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- 4Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess.
- 5Add to drippings in pot and sauté until brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- 6Using slotted spoon, transfer chicken to large bowl.
- 7Pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings from pot.
- 8Add chopped onion and minced garlic to pot; sauté 4 minutes.
- 9Add bacon, stewed tomatoes, chicken broth, red wine, basil and oregano.
- 10Bring to boil, scraping up browned bits.
- 11Return chicken and any accumulated juices to pot.
- 12Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- 13Add cannellini; simmer 10 minutes longer.
- 14Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 15Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Stew with Tomatoes and White Beans
Serving Size: 1 (539 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 833.6
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 133.8 mg
- Sodium 833.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.7 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 52.5 g