1 hr 15 mins
This is easy to make, and really tasty... serve with cooked rice. I make this on my electric skillet, if you have one, then use it for this.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 7 -8 chicken pieces
- seasoning salt (can use white salt)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dryed crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into about 1-inch pieces
- 2 (14 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, undrained (preferable Italian-style)
- 2 -3 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut into about 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 (11 ounce) can canned corn niblets, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package large frozen lima beans
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over high heat.
- 2Season the chicken pieces with seasoning salt and pepper on both sides.
- 3Add the chicken to the skillet and saute until browned, turning to brown on both sides (this should take about 15 minutes) adding in more oil if needed.
- 4Transfer the chicken to a plate ot platter.
- 5Pour off some of the fat, but leave some in the pot.
- 6Add in onions, garlic, green bell pepper, thyme and red pepper flakes; saute until tender (about 5 minutes).
- 7Return the chicken to the skillet.
- 8Add in tomatoes, corn and lima beans; simmer about 30 minutes.
- 9Remove the chicken and transfer to a platter, and cover loosley with foil to keep warm.
- 10Add in the cubed potatoes and boil until the liquid is reduced slightly and the potatoes are tender (about 10-15 minutes).
- 11Season with salt and pepper.
- 12Spoon the sauce over the chicken on the platter.
- 13Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Stew With Tomatoes and Lima Beans
Serving Size: 1 (550 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.2
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 787.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: