Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This stew makes for a relatively healthy meal with less than an hour from start to finish.
- 350 -500 g new potatoes, quartered
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 -2 bouquet garni
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 500 g diced skinless chicken
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 150 ml red wine
- 1⁄2 chicken stock cube, dissolved in
- 300 ml water
- 300 g frozen peas
- chopped parsley
- Put the unpeeled potatoes on to boil in salted water.
- When cooked, drain and return to the pan, covered with cold water.
- Leave for a couple of minutes, drain again and remove the skin.
- Keep the potatoes warm.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a heavy frying pan and stir in the onion.
- Cook for a few minutes until the onion softens.
- Then add in the garlic and chicken.
- Stir occasionally until the chicken turns white, season generously with salt and pepper, sift the flour of the top and stir until it disappears.
- Add the wine and stir until it thickens with the flour.
- Let it simmer for a couple minutes, then add the stock and bouquet garni.
- Return to a boil, reduce the heat immediately and simmer half covered for about 15 minutes.
- Separately, boil the carrots and leeks until cooked.
- When tender, add a cupful of the cooking water to the stew along with the carrots and leeks.
- Stir in the peas.
- When cooked, garnish with chopped parsley and serve over the cooked potatoes.