Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
warm, doughy recipe, that's surprisingly low on calories
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped fine)
- 2 (1 ounce) packets Lipton Recipe Secrets savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 8 cups water
- 20 baby carrots
- 3 medium potatoes (cubed)
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut up into little pieces)
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 3 1⁄2 cups Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Heat up the one tablespoon of olive oil in a large, deep pot.
- Add the onions and fry until transluscent.
- Add the water, then mix in the soup packets, and stir.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, and frozen vegetables. Let boil for 5-7 minutes.
- Add chicken, parsley, stir, and let boil for 15 minutes.
- While boiling chicken, mix bisquick and water, and drop by spoonful into soup (like on the directions on the box). Boil for 10 minutes, cover, and boil for 20 more minutes.
I had to do a few things different with this recipe just because I couldnâ€™t find the garlic and herb soup mix in my grocery. Instead I used the onion soup mix, Â½ an onion, 4 cups of water and 2 cans of chicken broth, some garlic seasoning, a bay leaf, and some mrs. Dash seasoning. I brought all of these ingredients to a boil, then added potatoes, carrots, peas, corn, and green beans (the veggies I used actually equaled out to about 2 Â½ cups but I prefer a soup with lots of veggies). I used 2 cans of Swansonâ€™s chicken breast because I already had that on hand. The only negative comment I have on this recipe is that the bisquick dumpling recipe made wayyyyy too much dough. I would suggest 2 Â¼ cup bisquick mix and 2/3 cup milk, maybe even less than that. I ended up making 6 drop biscuits and having plenty of dumplings with the amount suggested in this recipe. Other than that, the recipe was wonderful! Perfect for my snowy day in and it smelled soooooo good simmering while I did my chores, I will definitely keep this one on file! Thanks!