Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
warm, doughy recipe, that's surprisingly low on calories
Make and share this Chicken Stew With Dumplings recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped fine)
- 2 (1 ounce) packets Lipton Recipe Secrets savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 8 cups water
- 20 baby carrots
- 3 medium potatoes (cubed)
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut up into little pieces)
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 3 1⁄2 cups Bisquick
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Heat up the one tablespoon of olive oil in a large, deep pot.
- Add the onions and fry until transluscent.
- Add the water, then mix in the soup packets, and stir.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, and frozen vegetables. Let boil for 5-7 minutes.
- Add chicken, parsley, stir, and let boil for 15 minutes.
- While boiling chicken, mix bisquick and water, and drop by spoonful into soup (like on the directions on the box). Boil for 10 minutes, cover, and boil for 20 more minutes.