From the John Deere cook book, Nov. 2008. "Serve the quintessential chicken soup in just 40 minutes using leftover chicken."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 10 ounces mixed vegetables (frozen)
- 1 cup onion, small frozen whole
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons basil, snipped (or oregano, dill or mixture) or 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup flour, all purpose
- 2 cups chicken, cooked & cubed
- 1In a large saucepan, combine broth, frozen vegetables, onions, water, dried herbs (if using dried, not fresh), salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bring to a boil.
- 2In a small bowl, combine milk and flour; stir into vegetable mixture. Stir in cooked chicken. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in fresh herbs if not using the dried.
- 3Drop dumpling mixture from a tablespoon to make four to eight mounds on top of stew. Simmer, covered (do not peek), over low heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted into a dumpling comes out clean.
- 5In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, cheese, cornmeal, baking powder and black pepper.
- 6In a separate bowl, combine the egg, milk and cooking oil. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; stirring with a fork until just combined.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Stew With Cornmeal Dumplings (John Deere)
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.1
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 70.9 mg
- Sodium 959.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 15.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: