Chicken Stew With Cheesy Garlic Dumplings
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven, stir together the water and dry onion mushroom soup mix.
- Add chicken, potato, carrot, dried sage, and pepper.
- Bring to boiling; decrease heat.
- Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender.
- Dumplings-prepare biscuit mix according to package directions, except stir cornmeal into dry mix and increase the water to 3/4 cup.
- Using two spoons, drop dumpling dough into six mounds onto hot chicken mixture.
- Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes more or until a toothpick inserted in center of a dumpling comes out clean (do not lift cover during cooking).