Recipe by katie in the UP
This recipe has been created for RSC#13 Simple and fast! Perfect for a quick week day meal!
Top Review by Brooke the Cook in WI
We absolutely loved this veggie-ful chicken dish over polenta. I used recipe#47663 to make the polenta (I did not use the cheese for this recipe though). I halved the amount of chicken and Italian seasoning and omitted the olive oil (just used cooking spray). I did include red pepper flakes which gives this dish a nice little kick. This was so filling and good for you that I'm sure we'll be making again. DH loved it - I thought he might lick the bowl!!! Ok, so I was tempted to do the same!
- 4 cups prepared polenta
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, 1/4 inch thick (sliced across grain)
- 1 (10 ounce) artichokes, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes (whole squeeze to break up in pieces DO NOT DRAIN)
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- shredded parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, add olive oil, sliced chicken breast and garlic.
- Saute until almost cooked through.
- Add tomato paste and saute an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except cooked polenta and parmesan cheese).
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Place cooked hot polenta on a serving plate, top with stew and parmesan cheese.
- Serve with green salad and garlic bread!