Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe has been created for RSC#13 Simple and fast! Perfect for a quick week day meal!
Make and share this Chicken Stew W/Polenta recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups prepared polenta
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, 1/4 inch thick (sliced across grain)
- 1 (10 ounce) artichokes, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen spinach, defrosted and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes (whole squeeze to break up in pieces DO NOT DRAIN)
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- shredded parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, add olive oil, sliced chicken breast and garlic.
- Saute until almost cooked through.
- Add tomato paste and saute an additional 3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except cooked polenta and parmesan cheese).
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Place cooked hot polenta on a serving plate, top with stew and parmesan cheese.
- Serve with green salad and garlic bread!
We absolutely loved this veggie-ful chicken dish over polenta. I used microwave polenta to make the polenta (I did not use the cheese for this recipe though). I halved the amount of chicken and Italian seasoning and omitted the olive oil (just used cooking spray). I did include red pepper flakes which gives this dish a nice little kick. This was so filling and good for you that I'm sure we'll be making again. DH loved it - I thought he might lick the bowl!!! Ok, so I was tempted to do the same!
This was good. We like this sort of comfort food. I think it needed broth r something because between the artichokes & tomatoes it had a bit too much acidity. And there were too many veggies for 1lb chicken. This was a well written recipe for the contest. Best of luck to you!
A delicious and fast dinner treat. I slivered the carrots instead of grating and reduced the amount of Italian seasoning to 1 teaspoon of a dried quality spice blend. I did not use the red pepper flakes initially but did for leftovers. This makes very generous servings, maybe closer to 6 than 4. Good luck in RSC #13. This is a great creation.