Prep 5 mins
Cook 23 mins
A very quick, easy fix for dinner using a rotissiere chicken from the market. You can add kind of vegetable you like. Fresh, frozen or straight from your garden.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 8 refrigerated biscuits
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the oil in saucepan over medium heat; add carrots, celery and onion. Cook, stirring often until the onion is golden, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables; cook, stirring, 3 minutes. Add 1 cup of the broth, stirring to prevent lumps. Cook until the sauce begins to thicken and then add the remaining broth. Cook; stirring occasionally, until sauce is completely thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chicken, peas, thyme, salt and pepper to taste; reduce heat to simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced and thickened, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bake the biscuits according to package directions. To serve, split two biscuits per person; spoon stew over biscuits.