Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is one of our favorite Slow Cooker family dishes. It comes from Natalie Haughton's "The Best Slow Cooker Cookbook Ever". It's wonderful with tortillas or you can serve it with cornbread and fritos. It's great with a salad of garden fresh veggies.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into 1 and 1/2 pieces 4
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and shredded (about 1 and 1/2 lbs)
- 1 (15 ounce) can mild salsa
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- and 1/4 oz package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen stringless young green beans, thawed, drained, and cut into 1 " lengths
- In a 3 and 1/2 quart electric slow cooker, mix together the chicken pieces and potatoes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the salsa, chiles, and taco seasoning mix.
- Pour over the chicken and potatoes, and mix well.
- Level the top.
- Pour the tomato sauce over all, spreading evenly.
- Do not mix.
- Cover and cook on the low heat setting 5 and 1/2 hours, or until the chicken and potatoes are tender.
- Mix gently.
- Increase the heat setting to high.
- Stir in the green beans and cook, uncovered, on high 15-20 minutes, or until the beans are crisp tender.
- Serve immediately.