Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a wonderful one dish chicken recipe. Just serve with some hot crusty bread when you're craving some delicious old fashioned comfort food.
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces, about 1".
- Salt and pepper chicken and dredge in flour.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter and brown chicken.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until softened.
- Stir in potatoes and carrots.
- Add flour and stir, then add broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Stir in peas and heat through.
Wow! This is really good! My husband was freaking out and he normally doesn't say much - just shovels it in.(ha-ha) I did add a little sage, crushed rosemary, and thyme to mine, along with additional salt & pepper. I was going to skip the peas (not big fans here) and add some frozen corn instead, but I forgot to add it at the end. Oh well. My kid said she doesn't like corn in stuff, so no big problem. Thanks for the fantastic recipe.(and making me look good)
I enjoyed this recipe but found that it took longer to cook the potatoes that I thought. To make this a really fast meal I would just use some leftover potatoes (plan ahead when doing baked potatoes for a few extra). I also added some thyme and sage, cause no pot pie is complete without it. Tasty and pretty simple to do.
This was wonderful, doubled the recipe and added a can of cream of chicken soup and topped with Nan's Dumplings #31796. Husband and son loved this, it is a keeper. Thanks Marie.