Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
The potato and tapioca work together to thicken the stew as it cooks.
Make and share this Chicken Stew for the Crockpot (Gluten Free) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 cups mixed vegetables, cut in bite size pieces (corn, carrots, green beans and peas)
- frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large potato
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch turmeric
- fresh minced parsley (optional)
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Cut into bite-size pieces.
- Chop the onion and vegetables into bite size pieces (1/2” – 1” chunks). Peel the potato and cut into 1/4” cubes. Combine the chicken, vegetables, onion, mushrooms and potato in the slow cooker.
- Mix the broth in a small bowl with a fork: the water, tapioca, lemon juice, chicken bouillon, white pepper, mustard, sage, salt, garlic powder and turmeric.
- Pour this over the chicken and vegetables and mix well. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
- When served, sprinkle each bowlful with parsley.