Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I sometimes omit potatoes and serve over mashed potatoes. Consistency is not always the same; depends on amount of water used when cooking chicken. I have also found that the noodles make a difference! We like Kuleski.
- Cook chicken in large pot nearly covered with water.
- De-bone chicken (retain water) and return meat to pot with water/broth.
- Cut potatoes and carrots into bite sized chunks and add to broth.
- Add spices and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add noodles and cook until done (20-30 minutes).
- Mix cornstarch with water, bring pot to a boil, add cornstarch mixture to thicken.
I was looking for a stew recipe that I could use to convert my chicken soup into--this is perfect! And I especially like the idea of serving over mashed potatoes, yummy! Thankyou for posting this!