Recipe by Mom2threegyrls
Great and quick stew for mid-week or a rainy day. This stew is very filling and extremely delicious.
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 cups chopped chicken (Turkey is great too)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (11 ounce) can mexicorn, drained (with red & green peppers)
- 1 (10 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- shredded mexican cheese, and
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- I like to use a roasted chicken from the deli counter at grocery store or use leftover turkey to save time.
- Saute` onion in hot oil in large Dutch oven over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and saute` one minute. Stir in pre-cooked chicken or turkey and add next 8 ingredients. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Modified from Southern Living, November 2004.