Recipe by LBWs-Dad
This is my grandma's recipe and man is it good. Hopkins County, Texas is known for their stews and this one would surely take the blue ribbon for "Best In Show".
- 1 whole chicken
- 6 -8 cups chicken broth
- 4 medium potatoes (Cubed)
- 1 large onion (Diced)
- 15 ounces whole kernel corn
- 15 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Debone-boiled or roasted whole chicken.
- Bring chicken broth to a boil.
- Add potatoes and onions to broth.
- Simmer until potatoes start becoming tender.
- Add chicken, stewed tomatoes and corn along with garlic salt, seasoned salt, lemon pepper, and chili powder.
- Simmer till heated through.
- Salt and pepper to taste.