Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very delicious comfort food!
Make and share this Chicken Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups chopped chicken breasts (, 1in pieces)
- Heat oil in large pot, saute onions for 2 minutes.
- Add next 7 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and chicken.
- Simmer until vegetables are done, about 30 minutes.
- Thicken with cornstarch if you like a thicker stew.
This was such a delicious meal!! So easy to prepare and all in one pan. I kept to the ingredients exactly although I whizzed the tomatoes in the procesor(son doesn't like lumpy! tomatoes). Didn't need to add cornflour, it was thick enough. Thanks so much for posting. This is one that will be cooked again and again and again......
I found this to be a top rate recipe. My DH and I thought it to be an incredible mix of flavors. Will make again for sure. I did add cornflour for thickness and it went well with crusty rolls. Next time I may add celery. Well done, Inez!
The BEST chicken stew I have ever had. I added some rutabaga and parsnips to it. Excellent:)