Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my sister-in-law's recipe. Shes makes this a lot for friends and relatives who are sick. After some thought on this, I've decided and making it again recently. I've decided to cut the amount of black pepper to 1/2 tablespoon, (original says 1) that is plenty I think--especially for those who don't like food real hot. But you decide.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut in small pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (26 ounce) can cream of chicken soup, large can
- 1 (16 ounce) package baby carrots, diced in small pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled & diced in small pieces
- 1 (5 ounce) can green peas, use smallest can & drain
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
- Cook/boil chicken breast pieces in chicken broth, until tender and done in stew pot.
- Add cream of chicken soup to the chicken and broth, stir until smooth, add vegetables.
- Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender.