Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
A tasty stew to serve over biscuits! A great comfort food on a snowy evening!
Make and share this Chicken Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 453.59 g chicken breast, cubed
- 14.79 ml butter
- 236.59 ml potato, cubed
- 236.59 ml carrot, sliced
- 118.29 ml celery, sliced
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 425.24 g can chicken broth
- 297.66 g can cream of chicken soup
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml poultry seasoning
- 236.59 ml frozen peas
- Combine potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, chicken broth and cream of chicken soup and seasonings in a dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are semi-tender.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet and brown chicken until no longer pink. Add to vegetable mixture along with frozen peas.
- Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender. Serve over warm biscuits.
This turned out great and we loved it! I had to substitute the potatoes with noodles and I used Specialty Soup Substitutes - Cream to replace the canned soup. This will be repeated many times. Thx Jan!
This was a simple, but very delicious comfort food dish to make. I added a 1 1/2 tbsp of dried Thyme when veggies were added. Also, I didn't use biscuits on the bottom, but had some fresh crusty buttered bread to dip into it. If you want to have some leftovers, I suggest adding 50% more of veggies, chicken, and chicken broth. I made dinner just for three people. But even in doing that, there was barely any left to bring to work the next day. My family loved it!
All I heard after hubby's first bite....MMMMMMM!!!!! Awesome recipe that we will definitely make again. I didn't have any frozen peas, so I substituted frozen green beans (which I like better). Easy recipe, hearty and filling especially with the homemade biscuits I made. Thank you!!!!!!